Thursday, March 24, 2011

pregnant woman walking

I feel like I should wear one of those "caution!" or "yield!" signs on my back. I am a walking case of hazardous hormones! To start off with: those careless/reckless drivers who pull out in front of me barely giving me time to stop (oh, I do hope this baby is deaf, because he/she can hear every cuss word in the dictionary that comes out of my mouth!) but, seriously, people! THINK ABOUT OTHERS! When someone does something stupid (like not paying attention to pedestrian's right of way and attempts to drive as I am crossing the street or someone who fails to follow the stop sign and almost hits me in process,) I am on the verge of tears and for a brief second think about chasing the person down the street and giving him/her a piece of my mind. It is horrible! I don't know if the hormones are to blame or my maternal instincts are in overdrive, but you do NOT want to mess with this pregnant woman walking. I never thought I'd be one of those annoying people who puts up that baby on board bumper sticker and drives about 10mph below the speed limit, but now that I'm responsible for another life, I do have to say that my road rage/impatient driving has cut down some. *note: some. I am still very much impatient. I blame it on my redheadedness.*   I feel this is a little preview what I will be like when this baby arrives. I now know I will be one of those women who will walk around with a purell hand sanitizer to-go everywhere and demand everyone who comes within a 3-feet radius of my baby to sanitize up! I will also be giving free-of-charge dirty looks to those who show up sick or fail to cover their mouths when they cough or sneeze. And to think that I work in a community mental health setting: you can bet your bottom dollar that whenever a client shows up with a sniffle I send them back out the door. I would be more than happy to wear a hazmat suit (with matching accessories, of course) as long as it would guarantee the safety of my baby.  Yes, pregnant women can be passed off as "cute" or "precious", but believe me you, we can be vicious animals ready to attack anyone or anything that jeopardizes our young's health and safety.  I think NOW, if anything,  I can relate to these creatures on "Animal Planet".

1 comment:

  1. You definitely blew off some steam in this post! Good for you. Sound like you needed it.

    Hope you felt better after clicking "post".

    ReplyDelete