Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"do these shoes make me look fat?"

Oh the beauties of being pregnant. This week's "flavor" of being 'with child': water retention/swelling. Now that we are almost halfway through March, I can bid farewell to the dreams of being able to wear the spring editions of my shoe collection. This morning I woke up almost giddy--it's finally warm enough to toss aside my boots and don my one of many flats. Little did I know, an hour an half later including a measly walk from house to car, car to work building, I was limping in pain. Now at 3:45PM, PST, I am barely able to walk around with the flats I have on.  These patent leather babies a la Kenneth Cole are squeezing the life out of me as we speak. My poor tootsies. There should be a book on the things people DON'T tell you about being pregnant. You hear all about that maternal glow and svelte-ness. I disgress. I currently feel fat with acne-prone skin...it's like...being fifteen again. Plus the water-retention. So add disabled to the list. I'm already thinking what I can wear tomorrow. Looks like I will live up to the name "Seattlelite"--wearing tennis shoes for the rest of my pregnant days. People, it is a given that once you're pregnant you sacrifice your wardrobe. But who ever told you you'd have to sacrifice your shoe collection?!

2 comments:

  1. I was told that our feet size will not return to normal! Is that a good thing? We can go shopping for new shoes? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tennis shoes! Wahoo! Believe it or now, I've been wearing good running sneakers more often than I would have cared to in the past (my god, fashion suicide). But but, I have learned that you can actually make it work if wear it right. ;)

    Please please post before and after pictures of your new home! I've always loved how you always made the space around you, well, so you.


    <3

    ReplyDelete