Thursday, March 3, 2011

and so it is...

a fact that I've really not been very good at blogging. BUT, it is still very early in the year and it takes 21 days to form a habit. Not that I will blog daily but...in blogger-world I am assuming it takes 21 posts to form a habit?

Where to begin?

 Happily living in the 98115: Didn't realize how disconnected I felt from Seattle until we moved back from the eastside. We are a hop, skip and jump away from all these good places. I would have to say the biggest dangers are the mall and Target. Will have to practice caution not to get up and go there whenever it tickles my fancy. We are SLOWLY becoming settled. The spare room is currently serving its purpose as a storage room (not not for long!) I still have so much decorating to do and realized that I've never really been big on interior decorating. Maybe this will be a new hobby for the next 2-3 months? As much as I love my sister in law, living with people in general is difficult. I am loving having OUR own place, and it is silly to think in the 4.5 years Sam and I have been together, this is the FIRST time we've had OUR own place. I feel like we are just getting to know each other one again and learning how to cope with each other's idiosyncrasies, and believe me, we have them. I hate dishes in the sink and clothes that are not put away and clutter--I like clean surface areas and no knick knacks. I think the hubby hates that I hate those things. Ahh the joys of marriage.

& baby makes three: being pregnant is such a wonderful experience. I feel so blessed. Of course being pregnant has its ups and downs: feeling fat, not fitting into my clothes, being a weepy, emotional mess, being short of breath, not sleeping well, no wine and/or dirty martinis, sushi...you get the gist. But when I get to feel the wee one move, ohh the feeling is indescribable. I can't wait to feel the baby kick and for Sam to have the opportunity to feel the kicks externally. Right now, the movements are just baby and my little secret. It's pretty cool to have that connection. There are times when I get that "aha!" moment (yes, every now and then...still.) When I realize (more like freak out) that I am going to be a MOTHER. No more selfish me-me-me time. No more sleeping in (something I love SO much), no more shopping for the latest spring shoe collection or treating myself to pedicures. This baby will be our number one. And as crazy as it sounds, I am ready for that. To feel the wee one inside me on a daily basis--I CANNOT wait for this being to come out so we can meet him/her. (And I am slowly leaning towards the fact that we may be having a boy.) But that's just my feeling. Who knows? Pregnant women aren't accurate when it comes to presuming gender. Pictures coming soon.

Ok. I think I've made a good starting point. Now to get the ball rolling...for reals.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there - I didn't know Sam and you (and the the growing baby inside you) moved into a new place. I'd ask where ... but I don't know Seattle too well. What's the neighborhood like? Congratulations on getting your own place, I know that's an accomplishment for you both.

    ReplyDelete